Monday, May 5, 2008

Play I Some Music . . .

I love reggae music. I fell in love with reggae when I was in college. It started out with Bob Marley, of course, and then branched out to other roots type reggae. My foray into the world of roots reggae was prompted and encouraged by a guy I really dug at the time but once the spark was lit for reggae, I've never turned back. Nowadays, I don't keep up anymore with the new releases but there is one band that has a special place in my heart: Midnite. I still remember the first album I bought, the first concert I went to. Vaughn Benjamin's (the lead singer) music and voice and depth only draws me in more and more. But the man is prolific! I am working on acquiring every single album but it might not be feasible in this lifetime. Anyway, there's a track that I love off the album "Scheme of Things" called Lianess. That song inspires me to be a true lioness, strong, bold, graceful. So, in one of my bouts of insomnia, I finally made a video with images I had been collecting on my computer for years. It's great for meditation.

And say unto them
What is your mother?
Lianess
Principally rock solid of an Empress
When she be strong the whole Iniverse rest
When she be storm, she literalize the tempest
Yes, Yes . . .

But who can find a virtuous woman?
Who can find a virtuous woman?
Her loyalty is the priceless!!



The hubby is off for the next few days which is great. It often throws us off our schedule but it will be nice to have him around. Hopefully the weather will cooperate so we can do some fun outdoor activities (nothing spectacular--hanging out in the backyard is good enough).

I'm going to be cooking jerk seitan and coconut rice, two recipes from Vegan with a Vengeance which is written by the same author as Veganomicon. I'll also be baking "Homestyle Chocolate Chip Cookies" by Dreena Burton (whose cookbook Vive Le Vegan is also a great resource especially for those trying to limit their intake of soy). I baked these before but instead of adding 1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses, I added 1/4 cup. The cookies were still good although they were interesting tasting. The hubby loved them. My baby boy wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot pole. Anyway, I've heard such great things about these cookies, I figured I better give them another chance and do it right this time. I've had the darndedst time trying to find a vegan chocolate chip cookie I absolutely love. Maybe these will be it? If not, I've got a few other recipes on standby.

By the way, I absolutely love the website where the recipe is posted. It's Everyday Dish TV . . . a fabulous alternative to the Food Network. I'll vent, I mean, blog about this (and by this I mean Food Network's insistence on ignoring, no, snubbing vegetarians and Black folks and about every culture except for Italians and the French) in detail very soon.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.