Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Emergency Preparedness

It has been in my spirit for many months now to become prepared for an emergency. Life is busy and hectic and so I haven't really made a concerted effort to focus on emergency preparedness. A sistren of mine forwarded a long-list of emergency preparedness tips to me eons ago. I will be reading it over again and taking steps to prepare. The water filter, I think, is one good step in the right direction. I also want to make sure that my pantry is very well stocked. I will be organizing and preparing even though in the case of an all out disaster, no amount of preparedness may help. Doesn't hurt to try. I hope we never have to live through a disaster, though. But after Hurricane Katrina, I realize that disaster is always a possibility.

The time right now is very crucial. There are changes happening all over and we all need to be prepared physically, mentally and spiritually. Sometimes when I start to worry about things here in the States, I get antsy and in my mind I start to think that it would be best to just leave. Move to Ghana or something. I don't want to live in a police state. I don't want my children to suffer. I want to be free. But in reality, the world is one place. There is no escape. We have to make the place where we are the place where we want to be, if that make sense.

I found this site which gives tips of the day. I'm going to put our car kit together and get our water supply together this weekend. Anyway, if you know of any other good sites for emergency preparedness (practical not alarmist), please forward them to me.

1 comment:

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey there Chi-Chi!

This is an excellent idea!!

Thank you for sharing this issue!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.