Tuesday, September 30, 2008

New Completed Project

Well, I finally was able to use the cotton yarn I found at the 99 cents store for a project. I had attempted to use it for about two different projects but it just looked too busy. It was, however, perfectly suited for a star afghan. I'm very pleased with it.


I was digging around in the bin that holds other completed projects (at one time I made a whole bunch of things hoping to perhaps vend/sell on Etsy to make extra cash). One project that I found was this hat. It fits Z1 perfectly and, wouldn't you know it, I had knit another hat in the same yarn (Lion Brand WoolEase) and following the same pattern except smaller. It will be so nice to see the two Z's wearing matching hats this winter.

I'm not quite sure what the next project will be. I've got lots of odds and ends yarn but nothing that enough to actually make a whole project and yarn money is not exactly in my budget right now. Plus I don't really feel like knitting/crochet. I'm more into reading right now. Maybe in the next couple of days, I'll go through my yarn bin and surf Ravelry and maybe I'll get inspired. I know a good friend of mine graduates soon and I have an idea of something lovely that I might make her. We'll see.

In other news, I had my wisdom tooth pulled. It was a fairly straightforward extraction. I'm taking Advil (800 mg) which is keeping the pain at bay. Hopefully I'll be 100% in another day or two.

I'm starting to kind of look forward to returning to the workforce when Z2 turns 5 and goes off to kindergarten. There's some serious positives to getting my career in order. I wonder what the economy will look like when I'm ready to go back. I wonder if it will even be an option.

I canceled our Costco membership years ago when I was very strict about organic everything. I think I'll pay them a visit tomorrow to remind myself of the things that we could possibly buy there and I will probably become a member again. I'm hoping to get maybe some big bags of rice, flour (whole wheat and unbleached white), baking powder, sugar, canned tuna/salmon, and other staples that would be good to stock up on. We'll just have to see what they have.

2 comments:

foreverloyal said...

I hadn't signed up too until a friend told my husband that they have some organic things there.

I go and get whole organic chicken, as well as organic chicken breasts and thighs, organic ground beef, canned salmon, turkey, and tuna, organic mixed frozen veggies.

I think you can get bulk sizes of organic flour from Bob's red Mill online.

Chi-Chi said...

Thanks for the tip about the flour! I'll check it out.

Yes, the best things I found at Costco were the frozen organic mixed veggies and corn as well as the salmon. They also had some "green" laundry detergent and dishwashing liquid. I'm still trying to decide if it's worth it, though.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.