Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Fitness

I woke up today at 5:15 AM. It was pitch dark but I knew that I would have a solid (almost) 2 hours to "do me". So guess what? At 6:30, I popped in my old Denise Austen VHS (yes, I still have tapes and a working VCR) and I worked out. Or at least I tried to.

I learned two things:
1. I am out of shape. Not a little bit. A lot. If the isht really hit the fan and your girl had to run to safety, I might as well give it on up. I ain't running nowhere. You should have seen me huffing and puffing and sweating. Hilarity!! But on a serious note, physical fitness is *key* to emergency preparedness.
2. I need a real sports bra. Wearing my regular bra just will not cut it. Yo, my "girls" were straight assaulting me while I was jumping around exercising. Made me wonder if grown azz women are really supposed to be jumping around. And the bra I was wearing was painful enough for me to quit after about 10 minutes. So I'm going to save up to get an Enell sports bra. I'm a large bra size (you will never find my size in the store--always needs to be specially ordered) and they say for larger chested women, this is *the* bra of choice. So off I go to drop another $60 on a bra (which is what I typically spend).

Whatever which way . . . I want to get back to a size 9/10 which is what I was when I got married. I'm a 13/14 now. I'm ready to put in the work and I finally have a schedule that gives me a clip of time to exercise.. I have collected tons of articles on how to tone a postpartum body (you are not supposed to do crunches or sit ups). Except for eating one too many cookies, my diet is balanced and I don't overeat or eat out of boredom (having to make everything you eat helps with that). I know that after Z1 turned one, the weight dropped like it was hot. I think my metabolism picked up once he wasn't relying on me solely for his nutrition (I didn't have to hold so much weight). I'm hoping the same happens now . . .

Oh, and I was worried that I would wake the family up because the bedroom is right next to the living room. But the tape was on mute and only a faint light was on. They didn't hear me jumping around and everyone woke up at 7:00. I think I can make this work! I know I can!

3 comments:

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey there Chi-Chi!

Congratulations on starting your program!

It may be cheaper to buy two rolls of that wide athletic tape that the football players use and tape your breasts before exercise. I have a friend who does that and she says it's better FOR HER than a sports bra. She always pulls the tape sooooo tight across her chest that it doesn't look comfortable but I suppose it is or she wouldn't keep doing it! YIKES. Can her breasts still breathe all smashed like that? *LOL*

If you want to go down two sizes, that will probably wind up being about a 30-40 pound weight loss. It is entirely realistic to do that in 6 months...maybe 4 months!

I am sure that it will take a lot of encouragement to stick to the exercise program so please share how you are coming with your goal so we can all continue to CHEER FOR YOU!!!

YAAAAAAAY Chi-Chi!

(smiles)
Lisa

Chi-Chi said...

Oh Lisa! I really appreciate the encouragement!

That tape things sounds nuts though! Yikes indeed!! I think I'll wait on the bra! LoL.

Yes, losing 30 pounds would put me back at my pre-pregnancy weight. I'd like to lose 40 pounds which would put me at the weight I was graduating from college. Lots of work but I have been refusing to throw out my clothes in hopes of getting back into them. Those "skinny" clothes are a whole lot nicer/true to my personal style than what I have now (because when I was that size I was single, no kids, living at home so I had the money to spend on whatever piece went with my style). I'm looking forward to losing the weight. I'm already deciding to seriously cut out bread/starches--or at least reduce them.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.