Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Upcoming New Project

I have so much on my mind right now, most of it very personal. I'm genuinely tired and I need a break, away from everything. But that's just not going to happen.

Anyway, Z1 has a friend he met at the playground, a cute little girl who wears her hair in pigtails. She's 3 years old (4 in December), adorable, and the two of them get along famously. I have 6 skeins of Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn in the Tea Rose colorway. It's been sitting in my yarn bin for over a year now (I scored it at a thrift store for I think $3 or $4). I haven't been able to figure out what to do with it although I realized it would work best as something for a little girl--I just had to find the little girl! Even though it's six skeins, it's not really a whole lot of yarn but it is enough to make a cute little sweater. I'm trying to decide between two sweaters: Eyelet Yoke Cardigan and Swing Thing. I think I actually prefer the look of the Eyelet Yoke Cardigan more but it is not knit in one piece which means I would have to do some seaming and I hate seaming. Maybe because I really suck at it. I was checking it out on Ravelry and a lot of people knit it in one piece. I think I could do that but honestly, I'm so tired right now that I don't know if I could deviate from the pattern with good results. Still, I like it so much I might try. Swing Thing is a tried and true pattern (I really love how LTK patterns are written and they get rave reviews all the time) although I don't think it's as cute. What do you think?

Eyelet Yoke Cardigan

Swing Thing



It looks like it will take 3 1/2 skeins of the yarn so I have 2 1/2 skeins left over. I think I will do a little hat to accompany the sweater. Can you think of another idea for the left over yarn?

3 comments:

mamak said...

what about a little purse/bag?

tifi said...

How about mittens?

Chi-Chi said...

I think I actually have enough yarn to make both of your suggestions in addition to the hat! Thanks! :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.