Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wedgie-Free Wednesday!

Okay, so I won't front: I am a big booty miss. And being a big booty miss means that wedgies have been the bane of my existence since I was a little girl. Now, in my younger days, the solution to the problem was the thong (remember that awful song?). At least with a thong I had a wedgie on purpose and I could control the wedgie size. But I don't know. The novelty of thongs wore off after a while and I just wanted some comfortable drawers.

One of my closest friends from college and I had always said that one day we would create a line of underwear (bras and panties) for the more voluptuous woman. A line that was sexy. Yet practical and comfortable. And didn't cost an arm and a leg. Since then, I think, there have been a few companies catering to that market though and since our lives have taken different turns with family and careers than we expected, we pretty much abandoned the idea. And I abandoned the idea of finding wedgie-free, full-coverage underwear.

That is, until a couple of months after I had Z1 when I discovered the "hipster" style underwear and while still wedgie-fabulous, these drawers cut down my wedgie incidences by at least 50%. Great! So for about three years, I've been buying this style exclusively. Now, after having Z2 (and still holding on hard core to the pregnancy weight) I realized that my semi-solution was now giving me at least 40% more incidences of wedgie-ation. That means that over 90% of the time, I was experiencing a wedgie.

As uncomfortable as that was, I was determined to put up with it because surely as my weight came down, the undies would get comfortable again. But, I just couldn't. Too uncomfortable. I set out to find a better solution.

I'd seen commercials for the Hanes "No ride up" underwear but I was very skeptical. They just don't tailor things to big booty misses. I know that from experience. But even other big booty misses were recommending them so I decided to give them a try. I rolled up into Target and purchased two different styles: boy shorts and bikini. The boy shorts are just a little too much fabric. It feels like I'm wearing bloomers. The bikinis on the other hand are fantastic! They live up to the "no ride up" promise and feel great to wear. So I'm joining other big booty misses to recommend these drawers with no reservations. Okay, they're not Victoria Secret sexy but they're cute and functional, practical and easy on the budget. And above all, they're comfortable and sure to provide Wonderful Wedgie-free Wednesdays and every other day too!

5 comments:

DeStouet said...

LOL! I am a NO panties girls except for that time of the month, although I do have an eye for the boy shorts.

Love this post, Ms. Big Booty. LOL

blackgirlinmaine said...

LOL, you are cracking me up. I hear ya about thongs, they never quite worked for me.

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey there!

I like the boy shorts!

My girlfriend says she no longer has to buy underwear because she buys the new "panty tape"!! I have never heard of panty tape and I am not sure I even want to know what it is!! That just doesn't sound very functional!!

Chi-Chi said...

Panty tape!?! Unchartered territory for me . . . territory I never want to charter! LoL . . . at least I don't think. Of to do some research . . . lol.

Angie-Nuvision said...

You are so funny! I can't believe you wrote a post about this. Hilarious!
Disclosure... My sisters wear those panties you speak of. For me, I love a full coverage, cotton panty that I find at Dillards.
Angie

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.