Friday, December 19, 2008

The Snowy Day


"Snowy Day" by suntom on Flickr
Today was the first full-fledged snow storm of the season. Z1 went out to the backyard to play in the snow and he had such a fabulous time. His laughter was just so light and his energy so carefree and childlike.

I'm reminded of the book The Snowy Day by Ezra Jack Keats, one of my favorite books as a child and one that is most definitely a part of the boys' library. I loved how I saw myself reflected in that book as a child. As an adult I'm fascinated by how Keats captured the pure joy, no elation, of child on a snowy day.

Do you remember when snowy days equalled a huge play opportunity and not a huge pain??

4 comments:

80sBaby70sSoul said...

Ummmmm??? They still do! We will be buying another cheap snowboard from the supermarket as soon as we get a foot. Although I doubt that happens in atlanta :(

Anonymous said...

ohhh shhhhhhuga, you took it back
"a snowy day" by Ezra Jack Keates..i still have that book!!! lol

MyLoveMyLife said...

awwwwwwwww i cant wait til we get a big snow here in baltimore and i am able to play with poots in it. congradulations on having such a happy baby!!!

MyLoveMyLife said...

oh and another thing. i am in the middle of creating a social network for afrikan/ egyptian inspired mommies http://egyptianmommies.ning.com/

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.