Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So I'm looking through . . .

The Ball Blue Book of Preserving which I bought to learn how to can some of the veggies we get from the garden, most especially tomatoes. A few weeks ago, I was able to obtain 3 dozen Mason jars without lids through Freecycle. I was curious as to why they were all lidless but I figured I could just purchase the lids at a canning supply store (which I am yet to find). Reading the book today, I understand: the book expressly warns against reusing lids. I'm a little annoyed at that. So in order to can, you have to constantly purchase lids . . . and do what with the old ones? I'm not interested in doing craft projects with lids . . . I want them to be useful again and again. I know some folks just reuse them anyway regardless of what the book says but I'm just surprised that by now with the whole "green movement" blah, blah, blah, there are no reusable lids on the market.

These folks are always, always thinking about ways to keep you spending more, getting more. Sheesh.

Photo Credit: "One 2 Quart Mason Jar" by Gzap on Flickr.com

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.