Friday, March 6, 2009

Working my Workout Schedule

It's clear that I can't or shouldn't be doing high impact aerobics for two consecutive days. I was totally unmotivated to start this morning and when I did indeed start, my knees hurt. Initially I was all "work through the pain" and then I realized that I might actually hurt myself so I stopped. By that time, I felt it was a little too late to start anything else and so no exercise today.

I need to figure out a workable schedule. Right now it is as follows:
Sunday: Denise Austin Blast Away 10 Lbs (first workout on the tape)
Monday: Crunch Yoga
Tuesday: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Blast (Level 1)
Wednesday: Crunch Yoga
Thursday: Denise Austin Blast Away 10 Lbs (first workout on the tape)
Friday: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Blast (Level 1)
Saturday: Crunch Yoga (will be Yoga for Urban Living soon)

So on Thursday and Friday, it's high impact aerobics. I don't think my knees like that back-to-back abuse like that. I've got an exercise DVD on hold at the library right now. That might be the ticket. Otherwise, I may just do the second workout on Denise Austin's tape (which I don't feel gets my heart rate up enough for long enough). Actually, now that the sun is up so early, I think I may start walking for 30 minutes--fresh air and music on my Ipod. It's too late to go walking now as the family should be up in about ten minutes but I think that walking is a really good idea! And I enjoy it. Which is more than I can say for Denise Austin or Jillian Michaels.

2 comments:

Just Me said...

Look at you...workout queen. I have to get some of your motivation. I'm really good about going to the gym, but if ever something comes up on my schedule that I can't go to the gym I'm a complete slacker. It's not like I don't have a library of workout dvds. No excuse! Keep up the good work. Are you noticing a difference?
Sabrina

DeStouet said...

same here.

i found out the hard way that my knees does not like back to back days of running, so I alternate the running with the the bike and that has helped tremendously.

i'm hoping that my knees get better with the more weight i lose though. my goal is to be able to run at least three days in a row, but who knows?

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.