Friday, April 24, 2009

Enjoying the Right Now . . .

During my hiatus, I made the decision to just enjoy what is right now. It might end tomorrow but I am focused on deriving great joy from my daily shower, enjoying coasting down a wide open highway, checking my e-mail anytime I get good and ready. I'm still interested in emergency preparedness and getting my family through tough times comfortably but I am determined to enjoy right now. As long as there's life, health and strength . . . why not?

I get it. Economic depression. End of cheap oil. Food shortages. All these things loom as very real possibilities for our near futures (if not current realities).

But this weekend, the weather will be GREAT. In the 80s. After a long hard winter, I am ready, you hear? R.e.a.d.y!!! I hope you enjoy it as much as I will.

Photo Credit: Spring Time in Tennessee by countryboy1949 on Flickr

3 comments:

blackgirlinmaine said...

Sounds like you are in a good mental space. It is possible to worry too much and ultimately can we change or be ready for everything? Nope, I am of the opinion that its good to live in the present.

Yes, I am enjoying this weather, only reason I am online at the moment is that we just got back home and the little one is napping. Right now I am actively cutting back on my online time, good weather helps a lot.

By the way I missed your posts.

Chi-Chi, The Original Wombman said...

I'm in a much better mental space, to be very honest. I've put everything into perspective (including internet use) and it feels so much more . . . healthy.

I missed reading your blog regularly too. It's good to be back.

Aimless Wander said...

I most definitely enjoyed this weekend. Being a woman from the South, I can appreciate a nice warm day.

Glad to have you back.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.