Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Nobody can give you freedom . . .


Very few people come along speaking truth so profound it's obvious. Too revolutionary for the textbooks but just what is needed right now. I didn't learn about this brother until I was an adult. That will not be the case for my children. His autobiography changed my entire life and he remains an inspiration and motivation to me.

Happy Birthday El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz!

Thanks for this post Black Girl in Maine and this post Raet.

Picture courtesy of http://anti-drugwar.org/

2 comments:

80sBaby70sSoul said...

Isn't it a shame that many of us only found out about Malcolm went the movie X came out??? Thanx to Spike for sparking people's curiosities!

Cheron L. Hall said...

yeah, I think the movie is what did it for me as well...didn't read the book until age 18...and still didn't really begin understanding who he really was until I did more research of my own...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.