Friday, December 4, 2009

Finally . . . Emma's sweater!

Remember Emma's Sweater that I started last year?  Well, it's finally, finally, finally done.  And I am too through.  I am so incredibly happy that this project is finished.  It took me forever and I swear to never undertake a project like this again.  It was too much of the same stitch (stockinette) in a yarn that I wasn't fond of.  I really hate 100% cotton for knitting because the stitch comes out so unevenly (cotton doesn't give).  But I was determined to finish before the year was out and I'm happy to say that I did.

So without further ado . . .






That last picture is Z1 modeling it.  As you can see, it turned out huge (this is the largest size-supposedly for a four year old).  One of these days, I will knit swatches and check gauge instead of diving into projects head first.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the sweater.  It's not my best work and we no longer see the little girl I made it for.  I have a book of her mother's though . . . should I try to reach out just one more time?  Return the book and gift the sweater?  Perhaps I will.  I probably would without a doubt if I were more satisfied with the workmanship.

Anyway, I have two projects that I'm looking forward to starting:  the Clapotis for a good friend of mine with a birthday soon approaching and the Sideways Grande Cloche (both are Ravelry links).  I already have the yarn for the Clapotis.  The yarn for the hat is KnitPicks Cadena in the Cranberry colorway and even with shipping and handling it will cost less that $15 (which is way less than the recommended yarn would have cost--way, way, way less).

I'm so excited about starting something new that I (almost) forgot that I have one more sock to finish. I'm so excited I can't even really get into my latest Octavia Butler book (I just finished Wild Seed which was sumptuous and I completely loved). So, hopefully, there'll be some beautiful FOs soon.  But don't hold your breath!

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

It's been said that every bettor must watch this,

Watch this or stop placing bets on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.