Friday, December 4, 2009

The Second Time's a Charm


I'd asked for an aerobic step bench on Freecycle before but no one responded. I figured what could be the harm in asking again and this time, I received.  It seems like the second time is a charm.  Yes, I would have to drive about 30 minutes to get it but I was going to be going up north anyway.  It's not that I would have been closer to the pick-up spot but at least I would already be in motion. I called the Freecycler to arrange and what do you know?  She works in the town that neighbors mine! So I had a ridiculously easy and quick pick up and I'm now in possession of a step bench.


I have this tape that I bought at the library for $1 eons ago called Fat Burning  Breakthrough by Kathy Smith. I didn't realize it needed a step bench when I bought it so the tape had just been sitting there. So now that I finally had a step bench, I was eager to give it a try. And I was surprised to find out that I really liked it. It was a challenging and balanced workout although I think the challenge came mostly from trying to master the choreography. Kathy Smith could have done a better job of cuing but  the routine is not over-the-top complex.  I think once I'm comfortable with the steps, I can really ramp up the intensity on this workout. It was a pretty long and comprehensive workout--lots of cardio with strength and flexibility thrown in.  More than all of that, it was fun and very different from the style of my other workout DVDs.  It's a little annoying that it's on tape because I have to use the television as opposed to the computer.  Our computer is positioned in our living room in such a way that it's more conducive to working out.

In any case, it's something really good to add to the mix while I try to figure out what I'm going to do next exercise wise.  I'm going to check at the library for other workouts that use a step.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

New Diet Taps into Pioneering Idea to Help Dieters Lose 20 Pounds within Just 21 Days!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.