Monday, May 10, 2010

Reached my goal!

This past Sunday at my weekly weigh-in, I discovered that I had hit my target weight of 130 lbs.--and even went past it.  It was exhilarating!  Then you know what I did?  I re-set my goal weight!  LoL.  I like being 130 lbs. but I just want to see if I can hit 125.  I don't think I'll stay there though. 

Ironically, I lost the last 2 or so pounds that was keeping me from my goal weight on my "recovery week" from P90X.  I spent the week doing lots of various types of cardio, a bit of strength training and yoga.  I have to admit, I had a lot of fun not doing P90X.  So much so that I didn't start up again this week.  But I would feel so accomplished if I did actually finish.  The one thing I really, really love about the P90X program is the Ab Ripper X component.  It's such a challenging workout and I can honestly say that I feel my core tightening and strengthening.  On a larger scale, it's wonderful to feel the new muscle on my body--to feel strong. 

Anyway, I decided to join a running meet-up.  The most feasible time for me to get with this meet-up is on Sundays at 8:30AM so in two weeks or so, I'll give it a try.  I first attempted running in college but it was a painful, unpleasant experience.  I want to see if it will be different this time.  The appeal of equipment-free cardio is overwhelming to me, I must say.

I also realized that I am a total geek because I absolutely love tracking things on Weight Watchers.  We went on a two and a half hour hike today at Westmoreland Sanctuary.  It was a good hike--we were working pretty hard.  And you know what?  I couldn't wait to get home and put it into my WW Activity Tracker.  Six activity points earned while not even really trying all that hard.  Awesome! 

Photo Credit:  "Bullseye!" by Gare and Kitty on Flickr.com

4 comments:

Serenity Love Sincere Peace Earth said...

Congratulations!

I will I join you.... someday.

navelgazingbajan said...

Woohoo! Congrats!

puregoldlady said...

Congratulations!

Bientôt Maman said...

OMG! Super congrats! I am right behind you! I can't wait to hear about your runner adventures!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.