Monday, October 11, 2010

339 Moves!

One of the fitness goals I had for myself was to be able to complete all the exercises in the Ab Ripper X routine (part of the P90X program--339 moves) with excellent form.  When I first started doing the routine, I couldn't complete even half of the reps.  I have stuck with this routine for months now despite the fact that it is really challenging.  It definitely is how Tony Horton describes: "[you] hate it but [you] love it" because even though it's tough, you keep coming back.  The challenge is just that attractive.

I'm so pleased to say that this morning that I completed all 339 moves in the Ab Ripper X program with perfect form.  I did not stop to take breaks.  I did not modify to make the exercises easier.  And when Tony says, "If you stuck with us, you just did 339 core slashing exercises," I said, "Indeed I did."  It felt great.  

I think I mentioned it but one of my other fitness goals for 2010 was to be able to do 10 push-ups (unmodified) and I'm pleased to say that I reached that one as well.  Another goal that I set was to be able to do one chin-up (unmodified) and I am still working on that one.

One thing I have realized is that the advice is true: you need to be well hydrated to perform.  Just 8-12 ounces of water 30 minutes before exercising dramatically improved how I perform.  Even if I don't feel dehydrated, it makes a big difference when I just go on ahead and drink the water.  

Anyway, I reached my goal!  I had not specifically planned to reach it before the year's end but I did.  And now that I know I can, it's just mind over matter to do it consistently.  

1 comment:

The 21st Century Hippy said...

That's awesome, congrats!!

I have had a very long-time goal of being able to do a pull-up. I'm a long ways off. I can't do push-ups, either. I'm a runner, but my upper body strength is SAD!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.