Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Really Effective (aka It Actually Works) Deodorant Butter

I found the recipe for this deodorant butter a couple of years ago.  It was called "Kimberlily's Deodorant Butter" but today when I went to go check my old blog post about it, I found that the link to the recipe is now dead.  Not to worry.  I'm old school and always write things down in notebooks.  The original recipe was for a very small batch.  I've scaled it up.


Really Effective (aka It Actually Works) Deodorant Butter

1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 cup coconut oil (softened)
1/2 cup shea butter (softened)
1 teaspoon tea tree oil
8 teaspoons cornstarch

Place all ingredients in a mixer with a whisk attachment and whisk on high until fluffy and light.  Transfer to a container and cover tightly.

I have also done this by melting all the ingredients in a double boiler but I find that mixing it with a mixer ensures that everything is well incorporated.

This is by far the best natural deodorant I have ever used but I will post a disclaimer: my hubby finds it too harsh for his armpits (either the baking soda of the tea tree oil could be the issue I think).  He finds that plain coconut oil works for him.  That *definitely* is not the case for me.

What is nice about making this in the summer is that butters and oils are already very soft so it's super quick to whip up.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Studies PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

The meaning of this is that you actually burn fat by eating coconut fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.