Tuesday, July 14, 2009

There are blogs . . .

That I used to love to visit and read.  You come to find out that these blogs could actually make up a community because their visions and purposes mesh.  In fact, some of these bloggers regularly comment on each others blogs so, if you follow links, you end up realizing it's kind of a circle of blogs.  But I get way too emotionally invested sometimes all the time so I have been staying away consistently.  This is a part of the discipline I'm trying to cultivate in my life.  I've spoken about it before:  it's called tapas.   But I miss the insightful and on-point commentary and the intellectualism.  I miss the energy and passion you can feel through the writing.  If I felt I could visit these blogs again without falling headlong down a huge energy sap, I would.  For now, I wistfully look at their "most recent posts" on the sidebars of some of the blogs I do visit.    So far, so far, I haven't clicked, no matter how interesting the conversation might be.  :)  And I intend to keep it that way.  

3 comments:

blackgirlinmaine said...

Hope you are still coming over to my spot ;-) . I hear ya though I have been trying to reduce my online time greatly which has meant cutting down on the blogs I visit.

Hagar's Daughter said...

I know what you mean. I'm drained. We can learn from Z1: How'd you get so disciplined? I practiced. (smiles)

Sabrina said...

Oh gosh, I know. I've even been staying off line in general because it can be such a huge time and energy suck. But, on the other hand I do feel a connection and kinship to some bloggers and just have to check out what's up, lol. But, I do know what you mean.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.