Thursday, April 8, 2010

Go Fly a Kite!

Today I did something for the first time.  I flew a kite.  And it was just one of those simple things that bring so much pleasure.  It was a bit too windy today but I was still able to get the kite to fly.  Z1 and Z2 got in on the action too.  We were thrilled with how high we got the kite to fly!  And I was thrilled that my boys won't have to wait till they're 28 to fly a kite! 

I've had the kite for years now.  I bought it at a rummage sale for $2 or so but it's been sitting around all this time.  Recently we started going to Orchard Beach which is vastly different now than it was when I was growing up.  It's actually beautiful and clean and a lovely place to hang out.  And since it's the beach, you usually get a wonderful breeze--perfect for kite flying.  So today we came to find out that the $2 kite is actually a very strong, sturdy, quality kite. 

It was so much fun out there with the boys today.  After kite flying and playing in the sand, we played hopscotch and hide-and-seek.  Days like this I live for. 

Photo Credit:  "my first kite" by jeanieforever on Flickr.com

1 comment:

navelgazingbajan said...

I haven't flown a kite in years. I remember that it was something I used to look forward to. On my home island, Easter is the time for kite flying and people would make their own kites. Kite time brought out a lot of creativity...and competition.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.