Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My First Attempt at No-Knead Bread

Tuesday was like a marathon kitchen day.  I made all kinds of things: Spicy (vegetarian) Italian Sausage, yogurt, whole-wheat pizza dough, perfect tempeh burgers (broke my burger press making them this time) and (drum roll please) no-knead bread . I finally finally finally decided to give the famed no-knead bread recipe a shot.  The results were a little disappointing but I think it's because I was rushing this morning to get it done.  I watched a few videos on YouTube and I'm pretty sure I got the procedure right but I was sloppy in some places.    The bread looks beautiful--like store bought Italian bread--but inside is kind of wet, gummy, and heavy instead of light and fluffy.  It tastes nice even though--yeasty and good for soup.  We're going to eat it.  :)  I am eager to try it again though when I have more time and I'm more relaxed--perhaps I'll start Saturday and finish Sunday.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.