Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Wow . . that's a lot!

I had my yearly physical today.  At last year's physical, I weighed 167 pounds.  This year, I weighed 126 pounds.  I lost over 40 pounds in a year!  The first ten pounds came off with exercise.  The last thirty, with Weight Watchers.  Forty pounds!  Wow, that's a lot.  I'm proud of myself but also very relieved.  I feel better and I think I look better.  This is the slimmest I've been since high school.  Actually, I've never been a size 4 before.  Even as a teenager, weighing 120-125 lbs, I wore a bigger size.  I was actually more curvy in high school than now--post kids.  It's really . . . interesting.  

Anyway, I'm determined to keep the weight off.  Five weeks maintaining with success!

I picked up The New Rules of Lifting for Women (which I *really* like) and I think I may start it in the winter.  I'm trying to decide between restarting P90x or this program.  One thing I know:  I love lifting weight and it's something I will always do.

I found out something else at my physical:  I have what's called diastasis recti.  Mine is moderate but according to my doctor, only surgery can correct it.  I have to say it was kind of a relief to find this out.  I has taken the pressure off in that I am certain that it's not that I did or am doing anything wrong or that I'm not doing enough.  I discovered the Tupler Technique which supposedly helps to heal diastasis.  I'm going to look into it. 

4 comments:

Serenity Love Sincere Peace Earth said...

Congrats!

navelgazingbajan said...

Congrats!

Carolina said...

Congrats lady!

Sabrina @ my little slice of pie said...

That's really awesome. You made a plan and stuck to it and it paid off big time.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.