Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Paleo Meals

This was yam fries with sardines.  I sauteed onions, green peppers and tomatoes in coconut oil and added a can of sardines. I think the was lunch on Monday. 

Sorry this picture isn't bigger.  This is the breakfast cookup we have twice a week.  I basically brown two chicken sausage links and then  saute all kinds of veggies in olive oil: onions, green and red peppers, zucchini, celery, tomatoes, spinach or kale.
Sunday Morning Coconut Pancakes . . .

THE BEST PALEO PANCAKE RECIPE

  • 6 eggs
  • 1 can coconut milk
  • 2 Teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 Tablespoon baking soda
  • 1 Tablespoon honey
  • 2 Teaspoons cinnamon
  • 3/4 Cup coconut flour

PREPARATION

Beat the eggs until they're frothy. Mix the remaining ingredients together. Cook on a griddle (we use an electric griddle because that's all we have right now, but cast iron would be ideal). When you pour the batter, try to keep the cakes small. If they're difficult to flip, cook them a bit longer.

A simple chili I made this morning: browned some ground beef (not the grass fed I usually get from the farm and I can *really* tell the difference), and then added onions, celery, carrots, green peppers, mixed greens, tomatoes, starchy tubers (yam/sweet potato) and some mixed greens.  Seasoned with chili powder, cumin, thyme, garlic.  Added some chicken broth I made a few weeks ago.  It was quick to throw together although far oilier than when I use the grass fed beef.  This was good motivation to remember to get my order in on time.  

I'll try to post some more of the paleo meals I'm preparing. Yes, eating this way means I cook a lot but in all honesty, I would do anything to keep feeling well.  I haven't felt really well in a very long time.  

3 comments:

navelgazingbajan said...

That all looks so yummy. I'm not a big fan of pancakes but the coconut ones sound like they're worth trying.

darqchild72 said...

Thanks for posting your meals!

Blogger said...

3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

This means that you literally kill fat by consuming Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 researches from major medical magazines are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world around!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.