Thursday, May 24, 2012

Worker Bee



 I made this bag for a swap with a sister who sews.  It is crocheted with KnitPicks Brava Worsted yarn which is 100% acrylic.  Most of the time, I hate working with acrylic but Brava is a *nice* acrylic to use.  It didn't feel like I was exfoliating my hands when I was crocheting.  The pattern I used for the bag was the GoLightly Tote Pattern.  I ordered two skeins of each color yarn I used in the bag and had enough left over to make the little matching purse (which I crocheted freestyle).  I loved how this project turned out and look forward to making this pattern again.  In return, I received a stack of cloth wipes for the baby as well as the sweetest little diaper (not pictured).




This pattern is Declan's Hat.  I made it using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Fairy Tale.  The cables were a bit of a beast--too much to keep track of and unwieldy but I think it came out okay.  It was initially intended for a baby but it's so big it fits me.  I ordered more of the same wool from KnitPicks to make the following projects:




I made the sweater using the the Cascade pattern.  It was such a wonderful project.  It was simple enough that it didn't stress me out but had enough intricacy to keep me engaged.  The hat pattern is Baby Hat with Leaf Edging and I chose it to complement the leaf design of the sweater.  I am very pleased with how it turned out!  I made it for one of my good friends' baby daughter and she informed me that it would fit for a long time to come.  I was happy to hear that.  I hope I get to see her wearing it soon.



I just wanted to finish up the yarn from the previous project so I decided to crochet this kerchief. The pattern is Amita Shawl.  It’s not a full-size shawl but it’s large enough to wear as a shawlette or as a scarf. I’m thinking of some cute way to hold it in place when it’s being used as a shawlette.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

There is shocking news in the sports betting world.

It has been said that any bettor needs to see this,

Watch this now or stop betting on sports...

Sports Cash System - Automated Sports Betting Software.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.