Sunday, August 3, 2008

Lemon Squares!

Just a quick entry today . . .

I had some lemons in the fridge that I was going to use to make iced tea. Lately, though, the hubby has been making some delicious sorrel (iced hibiscus flower tea with freshly grated ginger) and it is the perfect, yummy, refreshing summer drink. Anyway, I didn't want the lemons to go bad so I thought I'd make some lemon squares. I've had some problems with this dessert in the past, mainly that it would come out too tart or it wouldn't firm up enough. So today, I was very careful with how much zest and juice I added, I added 3 more tablespoons of flour than the recipe called for, made it early in the morning and put it in the fridge to set and . . . it came out flawlessly. It's a really delicious, simple recipe found here.

2 comments:

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hey there!

Those lemon squares do look fantastic!!

Do you have the recipe on your blog for the hibiscus flower tea?? That sounds interesting and I have never tried it before!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Chi-Chi said...

Thanks Lisa!!

It's my husband's recipe. I'll see if I can get him to write it down. Meanwhile, do a search for "sorrel" on YouTube and you should find some good tutorials!!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.