Friday, September 5, 2008

I'm back to crocheting . . .

I've been working on this baby blanket. I'm 1/3rd of the way through. I'm using some cotton I got for a steal at the 99 cents store. It's a variegated yellow and white that I have tried to use in two previous projects. It always looks too busy. But it lends itself perfectly to this star afghan pattern.

While crocheting it, I kept thinking about the bedspread that is currently on our bed. It is a handwoven cotton spread that I've had for at least 15 years. And it looks it. I'd love to crochet a bedspread and I even have a book of vintage bedspread patterns that I scored for maybe 25 cents at the thrift store. But I just know it would take too long and I don't have the ability to focus on the intricacies of lace crochet. They're so lovely though! Check out some free ones I googled: Four Leaf Clover Bedspread, Rose Bower Bedspread, Wakefield Bedspread, Star Popcorn Bedspread. and Pineapple Bedspread. One day the babies will be grown . . . LoL.

How cool to dress the bed with something your own two hands made!

Ed.09/07/08: Just when I had given up the hope of crocheting a bedspread, I got this free pattern from Lion Brand Yarns in my inbox. It's crocheted with bulky yarn and a J hook. I think I could handle it! I don't know if I'd use Homespun (me and acrylic ain't friends) but I certainly could find some other natural fiber yarn. Yay!!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.