Monday, March 23, 2009

One Sock Done

The sock took forever to complete and I have no idea when I'll cast on for the second one. I had originally wanted to gift these but as this is my first attempt at sock knitting, I'm not altogether pleased with the stitchwork. The socks are indeed warm even though the pattern is kind of lacy. I expected them to be so since the yarn is a combination of wool and silk. If it took me almost two months to make one pair, I expect the next should be done by June sometime. It's just not practical to knit on double point needles with little children running around. Ah well.

2 comments:

Sabrina said...

Is that pattern "Monkey"? I so agree about kids and dpn. I was so frustrated because I kept losing stitches do to little helpers. I have since switched to 2 at a time on 2 circs...so much faster even for a slow poke knitter like myself.I'm glad I know how to use dpn, but they just don't seem compatible with kids.

Chi-Chi, The Original Wombman said...

Hey Sabrina! Yeah, that's "Monkey". It's a great pattern. DPNs are not.compatible.at.all with kids!! I would much prefer working on two circs but I know that buying more needles is really not what I need to be doing now. :) I may try to finish the second pair using magic loop . . .we'll see.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.