Saturday, May 29, 2010

Not a real day off.

I was kind of excited because this would be the first Saturday I wouldn't have to go to work since mid-December.  Unfortunately the hubby didn't have this weekend off and somehow I ended up taking Z1 to his basketball class (along with Z2) while he did yardwork.  We went to the thrift store after basketball and I found a set of books that I wanted to make sure wasn't the set we already had.  So I called the hubby who wouldn't pick up the phone (neither cell phone or house phone).  Him not picking up the phone is a huge pet peeve of mine and I have to say I was quite annoyed.  I finally figured out on my own that it wasn't the set I already had (and I got if for $1.99) so that was cool.

It's been a rough day, I have to say.  It has included endless sibling bickering, thrown and missing puzzle pieces, and addition flash cards scattered all over the floor.  So I feel like I have not had a break this week.  But at least I got to practice yoga outside.  It's the first time I've done that and it was really nice.  I was a tad bit worried about the neighbors gawking and wondering what weirdness I was doing but it was all good.

Anyway, I'm realizing how much a relief those few hours a week away from my babies is.  It really is a bonus that I get paid to be away. 

Photo Credit:  "Puzzling" by jhritz on Flickr.com

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.