Sunday, July 25, 2010

Little Tweaks

It's interesting being in maintenance mode on Weight Watchers.   I know it's kind of silly but I found security in my 26 point target and now that it's 29, I'm a little unsure.  I'm such a creature of habit that I really have to make sure that I eat all my daily points and weekly points or I will surely have some left over which means I find myself scheduling in things to eat even though I'm pretty sure I won't be hungry then.  Usually,  it turns out that, indeed, I'm not hungry then and don't eat what I scheduled and have points left over for the day.  So it's a re-learning process to figure out what I need to do to maintain my weight.  So far, though, for two weeks on maintenance, I've been successful.

Anyway, here's a little tweak to what I've been eating and I picked it up from an article in Runner's Magazine. Three or so days out of the week I have two whole boiled eggs (4 points), a slice of sprouted wheat toast  (1 point) with a teaspoon of Earth Balance (1 point), a yogurt smoothie (6 points) or oatmeal (5 points) with blueberries and a piece of fruit.  The tweak I've discovered is having the toast with two teaspoons of almond or peanut butter (which is 1.5 points and a good amount of protein and fat) not Earth Balance (which is 1 point and only fat).  I mean, it really holds me such that I don't need the smoothie/yogurt.  But that  makes my breakfast not as point heavy so I have to figure out how to make it up throughout the day.

I'm also realizing that while I am seeing a lot of more definition from weight lifting, I'd like to see more and I think the key is diet.  So I'm going to be doing some research to find out how to make other little tweaks that support muscle building.
Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.