Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Two Awesome Dishes brought to you by . . .

My Cuisinart 14-cup food processor!  

I've said before how much I love my food processor.  It makes short work of tons of tasks and next to a good knife, it is (for me) an essential kitchen tool.  Just today, thanks to this wonderful machine, I was able to crank out two wonderful dishes.  The first was 5-Minute Hummus which I found in the May 2010 issue of Real Simple magazine.  This hummus is similar in taste and texture to the hummus that we get at one of my favorite restaurants Ta'im.  Trader's Joe's organic hummus is good but this homemade hummus puts it to shame!  And with the food processor, it really does take only 5 minutes.

The second dish I made today is really a dessert:  Peanut Butter Cup Pie from Tofu 1-2-3 by Maribeth Abrams.  Another very simple recipe that with the food processor (and a store-bought graham cracker crust) literally took 10 minutes start to finish with decadent results. 

There's one more project I'd like to attempt with my food processor: sprouted wheat bread.  Since starting Weight Watchers, this is the bread I eat the majority of the time.  I'd love to be able to make it at home.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.