Sunday, May 18, 2008

Chocolate Creme Pie

I finally got around to making a chocolate creme pie. I bought the silken tofu, chocolate chips and graham crackers over two weeks ago. So, I made it today and it was so rich and decadent as usual--hard to believe it's tofu! So here's the recipe, made extremely easy if you have a food processor.

Graham Cracker Crust
About 15 graham crackers
2 tbsp. Earth Balance or vegetable oil
1 tbsp. liquid sweetener (I used maple syrup)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pulse all together until it comes together. Press into a pie dish. Bake for 10 mins. Let cool.

Chocolate Creme Filling
1 package silken tofu
1/2 bag vegan chocolate chips (or more to taste--I use 1/2 bag of semi-sweet chips)
1 tbsp. good quality alcohol-free vanilla flavoring (I get mine at Trader Joe's)

Melt the chocolate chips using a double boiler. Blend the tofu, melted chocolate chips and vanilla in a food processor or blender. Pour into prepared graham cracker crust. Chill in the fridge for a few hours (minimum 2 or as long as you can keep your family and friends away from the absolutely fabulous dessert).

You can dress this up by shaving chocolate curly cues on top or grating chocolate on top or sprinkling on coconut flakes. You can also crush up vegan Oreo type cookies on type. During the holiday season, Trader Joe's makes a minty Oreo-type cookie that's vegan. This is such an easy dessert to make but with great results.

Ta-da!!!
The day after . . .

It is sooooo good!

1 comment:

Anaylli said...

Oh this looks delicious! I'm definitely going to have to try this out...

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.