Friday, July 18, 2008

Robbed!

We had a great day. My friend and I took our sons to a new playground which we all liked. I had packed all the stuff into the car and strapped the boys in, ready to go. I went to look in my armrest to get my GPS so we could go home using the shortest route. It was gone. Along with my cell phone charger and Ipod adapter. I called the hubby to see if for some strange reason he had gone in my car and taken the items. He said no. I thought about where it could be and then I accepted that I had been robbed. Luckily, they didn't break any windows or anything. Maybe I forgot to lock the doors or maybe Z1 was messing with my keys and opened the car. Somebody either noticed that the car was opened and no one came out or he/she may have just been trying doors to see if any had been left open.

You know I hate to drive. The GPS gave me a whole lot more confidence. I was so angry and hurt. I've been trying hard not to curse. I'm trying to cure myself of growing up in the South Bronx. ;) But I cursed. I used every expletive known to man. I was so heated. And would you believe? This idiot who stole the dang GPS didn't take the cradle for it. You need the cradle to charge the dang thing!!!!!!!!! So now, unless the thief is going to go purchase a new cradle, he/she can't even use it!! What a waste! I've contemplated leaving the cradle on the hood of my car nightly to see if the person comes back to get it. At least then it will be useful to someone.

This is the second time I've been robbed while living in this town. The first was when I was pregnant with Z1 and it was just a blessing that with me having to pee every 15 seconds I didn't run into the thieves who broke in and stole our wallets, cell phones and keys.

Every time I tell folks that I was recently robbed, they blame it on the economy. I think that's a load of excrement. Good, hard-working, honest people don't automatically start robbing other good, hard-working, honest people when times are hard. Is it naive to believe that? Am I naive in that I hold out hope for the goodness and god-likeness of people to prevail over their base selves?

I sure miss my GPS.

2 comments:

80sBaby70sSoul said...

Girl, your whole neighborhood sounds like it sux! From the wack ass grocery stores to the schools to the criminals, it sounds like a hot ass mess (and, no, I will not do away with my having grown up in South Jamaica Queens...lol)! I have said it before and I will say it again. Yal need to MOVE!

blackgirlinmaine said...

Economy has nothing to do with it, people are just wack. Being robbed is such a personal invasion of privacy, 6.5 years ago our place was burglaried before we moved to Maine and it was awful.

Hope you can get another GPS soon.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.