Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Went to see a holistic loctician today

Just a quick note . . .

It was a good experience. Yendys offered a few suggestions for me. Some I had already known like that I need to take a Vitamin B complex and increase my intake of raw greens. I have a Vitamin B complex that I've been taking sporadically. I really hate to take pills especially because it seems that I pee most of it out. I am going to see if I can find a liquid B complex--one specifically formulated for stress. I am already committed to including much more greens in my diet. She also thought that I might have some issues with my liver/elimination which I already knew but it was good to have some confirmation. Once I wean Z2, I am definitely going to do a total body cleanse. Another suggestion Yendys made was to take a chondroitin/glucosamine supplement to help balance out the sugar in my body and red clover as just an overall tonic. She told me to keep up with the apple cider vinegar rinses and offered me two products (a therapeutic scalp rinse and an oil she makes herself with fresh herbs).

She also thought that maybe I'm not getting enough protein. I've had the suspicion for a long time that I do no properly assimilate plant protein. My body must be able to use it somewhat because I'm not wasting away and I successfully nursed Z1 and am nursing Z2 with no undernourishment issues but the fact that my skin and hair are just so lackluster . . . I just can't seem to wrap my head around eating flesh again. I know, labels take away your freedom but I've just been vegetarian so long that now, it is a large part of who I am. A part I'm not ready to let go of yet. But, it seems, I really need to.

It pains me to think of having two pots on my stove cooking--one with flesh and one with veggies. I love the idea of a unified, peaceful (death-free) kitchen. Man, in your 20s, ideals die and they die hard.

I can't say I feel overly hopeful or encouraged in any way after seeing Yendys. But it was a positive experience and I definitely want to put aside some money every few weeks so that I can see her at least four times a year. Her energy is inviting and warm and she could only help to heal my hair.

Do I ever write "a quick note?" You should know better!

3 comments:

80sBaby70sSoul said...

I am soooo happy you went to see her! Even if you don't feel extra enthused about her advice, at least you got some professional, holistic advice. Protein is absolutely essential for all growth and repair. My suggestion would be to eat fresh salmon or other omega-3 rich fish once a week and see where that takes you. When your body is deficient and you are treating it naturally, it takes a few months, at least, to see any changes. So whatever you decide to do, be consistent.

Tara said...

I think that you'll find that the green smoothies help a ton with optimizing digestion.

Chi-Chi said...

Interestingly enough Tara, it seems that the green smoothies are upsetting my digestion even more! I'm not sure if my gut is really damaged or if I'm not combining the fruits and veggies properly or maybe I'm just drinking too much. What a quandary!!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.