Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Latest Lock Lost

Thought I'd share with you a picture of the latest lock that I lost. Well, it didn't break off but it was so thin at the root. I had tried to use the loose hairs around it to strengthen it but that wasn't too successful because, I think, the root was just too thin. So I broke the last 4 or 5 hairs holding the lock on there.



It's was actually alarming to see it. I really only feel the thin locks when I have my fingers in my hair. I don't necessarily get a chance to look at them. So it was just interesting.

I thought to myself the other day that becoming vegetarian was probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made. I feel so sad to say that but, sadly, in my case it's true. The biggest lesson I've learned throughout this whole thing is that what works for one person may not work for someone else. We're all just that different.

Anyway, folks have been commenting on my skin looking better. I've been eating fish freely (3-4 times a week) for 2 weeks now. I hope that I'm on the road to recovery. I really hope to see a marked improvement in my health with incorporating fish and more raw food (smoothies).

2 comments:

80sBaby70sSoul said...

Definitely keep a sista posted on how the fish eating goes. Prayerfully you will see more positive changes.

Also, do you have any quick and easy vegan recipes that don't use soy products. I have slid so far off the damn wagon that I have truly forgotten how to be vegetarian. I know I used to use a lot of soy and tofu but I have read that soy (especially that found in the states) is so full of crap and processed that its actually linked to asthma and other inflammatory disorders.

Please email me anything you can.

Bientôt Maman said...

Hey sis! I just wanted to let you know that I am totally understand what you are going through with your diet. It took me some time to figure out that vegetarianism or any diet for that matter can be good for some but not others. I used to be a hardcore vegan but I decided that was not for me. My body did not feel good. Now I eat mostly eat vegetarian but I do eat fish when my body wants it.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.