Sunday, September 7, 2008

Small FO

I finished this a few weeks ago. I made it for Z1 out of some cotton I had leftover from another project. It was really quick. I used a "G" hook (relatively large hook but not too large). The hat is airy and light--perfect for the summer. Z1, however, is averse to wearing anything on his head and so since I have a small head (yes, my head is basically the size of a three year old's head) I've been rocking it. And I love it. It's very comfortable and is a a neutral color that goes with whatever I have on (or so I like to think). Anyway, this picture is Z1 reluctantly modeling it. I just had a pang of something in my heart because I realized that this crown was supposed to be a covering for his dreadlocks (in hopes of minimizing how much lint and dirt he picked up in his hair). Since he doesn't have the locks anymore, he wouldn't have much need for it now anyway. **Sigh** Still, a cute hat, quick project. Took about a day. Would have taken about 2 hrs. sans the kids.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.