Friday, January 9, 2009

Pleasant Surprise

I don't regularly get on the scale. To figure out if I'm losing weight I periodically try on my pre-pregnancy clothes. If they are not even close to fitting, I know I haven't lost anything. If they are kind-of-trying-to-maybe-could-fit-if-I-hold-my-breath-and-try-hard enough, I know it's coming off.

But today I got on the scale. And I'm 10 pounds lighter than I was last time I got on which is great. Z2 marked his first birthday and I was hoping this would happen. It happened with Z1. I didn't really do much and the weight came off. I could fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes again but I lacked muscle tone and definition.

This time around, I'm going to lose the pregnancy weight and get back to the weight I was when I got married which was my ideal weight. I may lose a little more than that too. I'll see. My goal is not only to lose weight but to build strength, muscle tone and definition as well as endurance.

A while ago my friend Amoi B. introduced me to www.sparkpeople.com. Over the next few days I'm going to explore the site and see what resources it offers to help me reach my goals.

Currently, I'm exercising every morning using
1. Crunch--The Perfect Yoga Workout: The Joy of Yoga and Fat Burning Yoga
and
2. Denise Austen Blast Away 10 Lbs.

One day I do the yoga and the other day I do the aerobics. So far this routine works. I am really out of shape now (huffing and puffing after about 3 minutes) but I know that will improve. I have some other workout DVDs and tapes around that I will try once I've mastered these two.

So anyway, those 10 lbs. being gone was a very pleasant surprise this morning.

5 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations! I love your approach for strength, muscle tone etc --- that approach has worked more for me way more than the old approach of my early 20's...which was, "smoke (cigarettes), drink diet coke, and hate yourself thin" LOL

10lbs is nothing to sneeze at, that is great!

I am finding for me too, the more I love myself and accept myself, the easier it is to become healthier because I want to honor my body :)

It is a struggle though for me, because carbs are my addiction lol

blackgirlinmaine said...

Congratulations! I agree with the other poster, 10 lbs is nothing to sneeze at.

DeStouet said...

Congratulations, you are on your way, Chi-Chi.

I also get up each morning and alternate between Pilates, and Tae bo. In the evenings, I alternate between running and an aerobics class. Tonight I am going to do the Cardio Sculpt, and immediately afterward, work on my arms and back.

You keep us updated and I'll do the same.

Hagar's Daughter said...

Congrats Chi Chi. You are doing it the healthy way.

blackwomenblowthetrumpet.blogspot.com said...

Hello there!

Congratulations on keeping up with your program!!

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.