Thursday, January 1, 2009

Where did the time go?

2008, are you gone already?
You were a blur.
I'm more confused now than I was when you started
More ungrounded yet more unable to move
I've stayed in the same place
Or else taken two steps back
Instead of answering questions
You gave me more
And now the answers seem so much more obfuscated
I thought you'd give me some direction
Instead you turned me around with not so much as a compass
But you did give me the chance to see my boys grow so lovely
You did allow me to finally see me and not some distortion
In you, I learned to be a bit more self-sufficient
If it counts, I don't know, won't know
Until proving time
In you I found calmness and stillness in speaking a sound
I found a small place
Free to go within
And retrieve myself
You did give me love and change
Laughter, kisses, and hugs
You didn't give me hunger, fear
Or too much pain or sorrow
2008 are you gone already?
I was just getting started
Or at least thinking about it hard
Can I hold on to you 2009?
Make you do what I want you to do?
Or will I be writing to you too once you're gone
Asking
Where did the time go?


Photo Credit: "Lotus Flower" by wasoxygen on Flickr

3 comments:

Hagar's Daughter said...

Happy New Year Chi Chi.

Chi-Chi said...

Same to you HD!! All the best. :)

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Wow. That's a helluva good poem. I really, really like that, so much that I'll save it.

God-willing, we'll all hold on in 2009. Take care,

~ Kit

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.