Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Nothing like it . . .

Homemade bread, that is! . . .


I baked bread yesterday after a few weeks of buying it.  The summer was pretty busy and so I stopped making bread because I couldn't find time to fit it in.  But I'm back on my bread-baking game and boy am I glad.  Home made bread tastes so much better than store bought.  However, it seems that recently every time I bake bread, I get large holes.  I know that it's air that getting trapped but I'm pretty good about punching the bread down and rolling it very tightly into a loaf.  That's something I'm going to have to troubleshoot.  Nevertheless, the bread is delicious and I'm almost ready to try some new recipes.  Almost.

3 comments:

puregoldlady said...

mmmm...I have not baked bread in years and this post is making me think about doing it on Saturday....fresh bread with butter...drooling!

The Original Wombman said...

Oh I hope you do it . . . it's so worth it. :)

Bientôt Maman said...

Looks delicious!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.