Tuesday, February 2, 2010

FO: Sideways Grande Hat

I'm on a roll!! I finished my Sideways Grande Hat!!




It's a really beautiful hat knit with a luscious yarn (Knitpicks Cadena in Cranberry). It is incredibly warm and cozy. But it is also massively huge for my little head. (((Sigh))) Not to mention that I think it's a bit too stylish for me, if that makes sense. My style is kind of nondescript/mellow bordering on bland. So it's a little too flashy. I don't know why that didn't occur to me before I cast on but whatever. It was a fun knit (getting to do the funky twist/mock cable was well worth the effort) and I got to practice my seaming (using mattress stitch). I hate seaming and generally avoid things that are not knitted in the round. But this pattern was cute enough for me to abandon my rule just this once.

Here are the specifications:
Start Date: January 29, 2010
Finish Date: February 2, 2010
Yarn Used: Knitpicks Cadena in Cranberry (1 and a half skeins)
Needles Used: 6.0mm, 5.5mm, 5.0mm and 4.5mm
Here it is on Ravelry.

Next up: Old Shale Scarf for one of my good friends.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.