Friday, February 5, 2010

A helpful discovery

Actually, something the hubby discovered: Manuka Oil. After reading everything we could on it, we ordered a small bottle on Amazon.

While the hubby doesn't see how it's any better than tea tree oil, I have to say, it is great. I've been using tea tree oil to take care of my scalp especially when I have flare ups (which I think are caused by some kind of bacteria or fungus. and yes, it helps. But manuka oil? Manuka oil takes the cake! It really helps-- tremendously--and very quickly. I think if I continue to use manuka oil, I can cut down on the number of times I have to wash my hair weekly, which is great in this cold weather.

I just had to blog about when I realized that it also helps my skin recover quickly from pre-period acne breakouts. It's not too harsh (at least it doesn't feel so) and is very effective (more so than the benzoyl peroxide I tried and, as a wonderful plus, more natural).

3 comments:

Miriam said...

Hi there.

Wow! Thanks for the tip. I just came by your blog and was glad to read about Makuta oil.

My son has this fungus and I"m currently using tea tree oil. Its taking a looooong time to work. You say it does work?

Anyway, I will look into that other oil.

puregoldlady said...

Does this burn like tea tree oil? Me and tea tree had a bad run-in once...

The Original Wombman said...

Miriam, it really works.

PGL, it can burn. You have to use it in a carrier oil. You could use it conservatively--like 10 drops per 4 ounces of oil. I go much more concentrated though. Tea Tree has never once burned me although the hubby really has to be careful with it. We all have different skin tolerances.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.