Thursday, September 16, 2010

Why am I so tired?

The past few weeks I have been exhausted all the time.  Well, not exhausted really.  More like very sleepy.  I can get things done but I really just feel like lying down most of the time.  Today I slept two extra hours and didn't work out this morning at all (not even a 20 minute workout). Then later on I took an hour nap.  I've still been dragging through the day.  Black tea is not doing anything.  And now at 7:45, I'm more than ready to go to bed.  

It's such a puzzle!  I had some blood work done on Tuesday.  I'm going to call tomorrow to see if the doctor has the results.  I've struggled with anemia off and on over the years--even when I was eating red meat.  I can't say that I am eating a lot of good sources of iron--a little here and a little there.  Not sure if I'm meeting the daily requirement.  Maybe I am anemic again.  If so, it's back to the Floradix Floravital Iron and Herbs which during my first pregnanacy worked like a charm.  It's a huge plus that it tastes good and is non-constipating and (obviously) easily absorbable (i.e. it really works).

4 comments:

liberationtheory said...

Let me find out.....

There seems to be a certain kind of "dust" going around many of my favorite bloggers...

I won't say more so that I don't jinx you :)

The Original Wombman said...

LT, if only! My last menstrual cycle was a MONSTER. But I wouldn't mind being jinxed. ;)

liberationtheory said...

Then I wish it for you :)

puregoldlady said...

Hey there,

Sluggish, tired, always napping = me until 2 months ago when a blood test showed I was severely anemic. Now on high dose iron and I've seen a big difference...literally. I do NOT nap anymore. Before, every waking thought was practically related to when I was going to sleep again.

Hope you're feeling better.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.