Friday, October 8, 2010

DVD Review: 10 Minute Solution Knockout Body

Once I realized that Jessica Smith is the person who put together this workout, I knew it would be good.  She's the one who did the Women's Health Train for Your Body Type DVD and to this day, that DVD is still a seriously good workout.  I end up sweating and breathing hard even though I've been doing it for quite a while.  So, as you can imagine, I was excited to try 10 Minute Solution Knockout Body.  And I was not disappointed.  (See a brief clip and check out more reviews here.)

Like all the DVDs in the 10 Minute Solution series, the DVD is broken up into 5 ten minute segments.  Right off the bat, this is wonderful because as soon as you are about to get bored, it's over and a new workout begins (and Ms. Smith wears a different outfit for each one--I don't know, somehow that really helps).  So you can go through all 5 segments or pick and choose.  Today, I chose 2 of the cardio sessions.  I didn't have the gloves so I used a two pound dumbbell in each hand.  Each dumbbell has a neoprene strap so that helped hold them in place while I was punching.  It was really an excellent workout.

Usually on Fridays, I lift weights for 30-35 minutes, do some ab work (Ab Ripper X which I completely rocked today) and then I jump rope for 15-20 minutes.  But I wanted to be a little easy on my knees today and kickboxing is the perfect workout for really building up a sweat without much impact.   This kickboxing workout in particular is wonderful. I think next week I may swap out Ab Ripper X one day and do the core segment from this DVD.  

So overall, a solid workout!

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.