Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I need to organize

My collection of recipes and patterns. This project will take a few weeks because I have TONS of recipes and patterns. I'm going to start with organizing my recipes, though, because nowadays I cook way more thank I knit and crochet. I've collected most of my recipes on the internet over almost seven years. They are haphazardly stuck in a binder that is now too full so they are overflowing into a cheap folder. It usually takes me *forever* to find a recipe and there are some recipes that I have totally forgotten since everything is in such a mess. So, I came up with a classification system (albeit not a sophisticated one) to try to put them in order.

1. Breakfast
a. porridge
b. veggie meats (sausage, bacon, etc . . . )
c. breakfast breads (pancakes, waffles, muffins, scones, etc
2. Veggie Burgers and Other Sandwiches
a. patties
b. spreads and fillings
3. Breads
a. yeasted
b. quick
4. Dinner
a. soups and stews
b. casseroles and pies
c. sides
5. Desserts
a. cakes
b. cookies
c. pies
d. breads
e. other pastries (tarts, baklava, cinnamon rolls, macaroons, etc)
6. Miscellaneous
a. hair and body products
b. cleaning products
c. toys (play dough, etc)


I bought some sheet protectors. Initially, I was going to take some other stuff I had in sheet protectors out but I don't have the time and I think I might want to keep that stuff preserved anyway (it's teaching materials). I will make copies of all the recipes that are old or stained so that they are fresh and then I'll put two recipes in each sheet protector. I think a 100 count package of sheet protectors should do and I think all my recipes will fit into the one binder I already have.

I'm really looking forward to getting this project done. It will help streamline things in the kitchen and hopefully I'll rediscover some great recipes that I've been neglecting.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.