Monday, October 6, 2008

Did you know

You pay more for gas if you use your debit card and not cash?

Found gas the other day for $3.51/gallon and made sure to ask after I noticed that at the last fill-up, I asked for the lowest grade of gas and paid for supreme. Because I paid with debit. So I asked and it's true: you pay more.

So use cash for gas. Actually, maybe it's a good idea to use cash for more things. I love my debit card because I never felt secure carrying around wads of cash. It's become habitual to use the debit card and not cash. I think many people have grown to like the whole debit card business. Well, the times, they are a-changing. And so will we.

3 comments:

80sBaby70sSoul said...

That's interesting because out here cash and debit are seen as the same thing at the gas station. They even say "3.50 with cash or debit" and $3.59 otherwise. Its crazy how they getcha!

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

I think it depends on the size of who is selling you the gas. Smaller mom and pop gas station pass the processing fee on to you.

Others include it in overhead if they can afford it. Usually its not paying more bc that's illegal. Its called a CASH discount, so you should be sayign do you know they give discounts for paying cash. *lol* I LOVE semantics

Thanks for stopping by my blog I LOVE your blog I've been here a few times.

-OG

Chi-Chi said...

OG, you know, I think you're right. The mom and pop places are usually 7 to 10 cents cheaper than the larger places and that's why I usually go there.

I too love semantics!! You're absolutely right--it's a cash discount. LoL.

Thank you for checking out my blog. I really love reading yours too. You keep it so real. :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.