Saturday, October 25, 2008

Just Can't Knit or Crochet for Some Reason

I haven't picked up knitting needles or a crochet hook in weeks. I don't know what's going on. I'm so unmotivated. I bought the yarn for these socks weeks ago. The yarn was a great deal. The pattern is free. And sock-knitting is unchartered territory for me. But I just can't seem to get motivated.

I have been reading quite a bit though. I finished A Tree Grows in Brooklyn over two weeks ago and meant to write a review. I then read The Shadow Speaker by Nnedi Okorofor-Mbachu. I was enthusiastic to read that book because I recognized the author's Igbo name. It's written for age 12 and up but it was still enjoyable and also the strangest book I have ever read. I'll review it later. I spent the whole.entire.day in the kitchen today and I'm so exhausted.

Not to mention trying with all my might not to go over the grocery budget this month. I can't believe we still have one more week to go. I'm out of tofu. Out of probiotics (which, it seems, I need to be, uh, regular). Out of cashews. Sheesh. And my vital wheat gluten still has not arrived. Time to start sending some strongly worded e-mails.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Maybe something's going around...I can't crochet lately either. I've got a nearly finished mitten and I just can't bring myself to do the last five rows and finish it so my hands won't be cold.

I feel you on the grocery budget thing too...just went veggie again and oh my goodness! It is hard to figure out how to stock all the right quantities of things sometimes. I've got a week left as well, and I've run out of rice and all beans except adzuki...eating quinoa and peanut butter for breakfast because I'm trying to tough it out. I can't imagine how hard it is to do this with a family!

Found your blog via np btw, I love it. I haven't updated mine in ages, but it's over here: http://mamalazarus.wordpress.com.

Chi-Chi said...

Hey Mel! Thanks for stopping by! I'm happy to hear you like my blog! :) I'll be sure to check out yours.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.