Sunday, October 26, 2008

Itching to Try a New Recipe

But it needs to be fool proof and include ingredients that I already have on hand. I borrowed Vegan with a Vengeance from the library and I've peeped a few recipes that I think fit the bill.

1. Roasted Butternut squash soup--squash is in season so it's relatively inexpensive)
2. Spanakopita (spinach pie)--I have a box of phyllo dough that's been in the freezer for ages (was going to make baklava with it). I can get spinach and tofu relatively inexpensively. I can't imagine this wouldn't taste good. I think I may use half the box for spanakopita and half for baklava (which is a sure-fire hit). That way if the spanakopita is gross at least it's not a huge waste.
3. Pumpkin muffins. Lots of sugar but we all know pumpkins are bland as heck. Might be really good. I'm following a thread on one of my message boards about this one. That will help me decide.
4. Zucchini Bread. People have been sweating this recipe for ages. I'd like to give it a try. I can't imagine it could turn out to be that awful.

I'm getting a bit excited but trying to stay very practical and realistic.

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.