Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Books, Books, Books

So I've just acquired some new books (some really new and some I bought for a couple of cents at the library). In trying to find places for them, I realized my bookcase is a mess! So today I organized them according to topic. I have:
  • Health and Healing
  • Nutrition and Cooking
  • African Studies
  • Education
  • Autobiography and Biography
  • House and Garden
  • Religion and Spirituality
  • Needlecraft (Sewing, Knitting, Crochet)
  • Novels
That should make things easier to find. Every time I deal with my books I realize how much I really enjoy books not only because I enjoy reading but I love the fact that so much information is packed into those pages. I wonder why I didn't go into library sciences. It seems like that would have been such a perfect fit for me.

If you love books too, take a moment to check out Library Thing, which I just recently discovered (and added a widget to my blog). Of course, I don't have the time to really get into it but it's a cool thing for bibliophiles.

While organizing, I also found a whole pile of greeting cards. I wanted to toss them but I thought with a little glue and some card stock, I could make new greeting cards. I'll hold on to them. If I don't dive into that project within the next couple of months, I'm tossing or donating them (I'm sure some crafty person could use them).

Photo Credit: "Books, books, books, books, books, books, and books" by Kennymatic on Flickr

4 comments:

Revvy Rev said...

Books are my great temptation. I hope that you find as much enjoyment as I do.

Just Me said...

cool widget. have you rediscovered many hidden treasures?

Hagar's Daughter said...

Hi Chi Chi,
Books are just a precious to me as diamonds. I sometimes have difficulty reading with lupus and fibromyalgia, but I love books.

I haven't been here in a while. Glad that the Zs are doing fine.

Miriam said...

Hi Chi chi,

Books are like my friends, lol.

I look forward to the day when books are the "center pieces" in many homes.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.