Sunday, July 5, 2009

FO: Camera Case

My wonderful niece graduated from high school this June and is on her way to college in the fall.  For her graduation, we bought her a cute digital camera , which, by the way, got great reviews on Amazon.com and she loves.  Anyway, I knew I wanted to crochet her a nice little case to carry it in and keep it protected.  My nieces favorite color is purple and I just happened to have some purple Sugar and Cream cotton yarn left over from another project.  Perfect!!  This project took about one day.  It would have taken about 2-3 hours sans children.  LoL.  Anyway, here it is.  
And here it is on Ravelry.  

I also have another FO to show but I can't yet because it's a gift for someone very special.  But boy, I can't wait to show it off.  It came out beautifully.  

In other needlework news, I'm about to get Sock #2 finished.  In an attempt to make sock knitting more manageable around my babies, I ordered these and then realized that was not what I really wanted.  At one YarnTherapy Meetup I had gone to, I saw a woman with something similar that protected her sock needles while her work was on them.  I checked the website again and realized that I had simply missed what I was really looking for.   I was going to try to correct my blunder by exchanging but by the time I would have paid all the shipping and handling fees, it made better sense just to keep the storage tubes.  They will come in useful sometime.  I ordered the correct item and I can't wait for them to come.  No more worrying about snapped sock needles!  

2 comments:

Revvy Rev said...

You're gifted Chi-Chi. And blessed as well because you are always blessing others.

Chi-Chi, The Original Wombman said...

Thank you so much for those words Revvy Rev. :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.