Friday, October 23, 2009

Apple Bran Muffins

It's apple season again!! A friend of mine recently made apple bran muffins and they were good so I decided to make a batch.


I did a quick google search and found this recipe. I asked one of my message boards about sure-fire vegan apple bran muffin recipes and the same recipe was suggested except with a warning that there might be too much baking soda. So I kept that in mind when making the few modifications I made. At Trader Joe's today, a bag of Granny Smith apples were on sale for $1.99 which was great. I had all the other ingredients on hand. Here are the modifications: I . . .
  1. Used rice milk instead of soy milk
  2. Used baking powder instead of baking soda
  3. Added 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  4. Added 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  5. Added 1/2 cup raisins
They are very wholesome and the kids really like them. Z1 is bugging me to hurry up with dinner so he can have another. Generally, I don't really like bran muffins all that much but with apples and raisins in them, they're actually very tasty. Eating them is comforting.

If any one has any tips on how to keep my jar of applesauce from going bad, that would be great. I only used 2 tablespoons from the whole jar.

1 comment:

navelgazingbajan said...

I must say that you do inspire me to cook!

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.