Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hula Hula Hula Hooping!

About two years ago, I purchased a weighted hula hoop from one of my good sistren who was vending at the International African Arts Festival. It's a beautiful hoop befitting any original wombman--ribbons and sparkles and all that.

Well, to say I suck at hula hooping is an understatement. And to make matters worse, the hubby is a master hula hooper. He just keeps going and going and going and going . . . So the hoop has been behind the dresser for months now and has received no play at all.

Well, today over at Afrobella's site, I saw she posted a wonderful video of First Lady Michelle Obama. Turns out that Mrs. Obama is also a master hula hooper.





Well folks, she inspired me! Since it was such a lovely day, the boys and I headed out to the backyard and I hula hooped for a whole hour. I'm still not great at it but I'm steadily getting better. It builds up a little bit of a sweat, you know, but most importantly, it's a lot of fun. I'm back on YouTube looking up tutorials and I hope to one day be a master hula hooper too!

Picture Credit: Hula Hoop by shelley.belley on Flickr. com

No comments:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.