Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another use for vodka

We buy vodka around here to make vanilla extract and other tinctures. A few months ago, though, I started to use it as a deodorant and I really love it. A long time ago, I blogged about another liquid deodorant I made with lemon juice. That worked well, but this one works even better. It's basically the same recipe except you replace the lemon juice with vodka and reduce the amounts of essential oils.

All Natural Deodorant Spray
One 4 ounce spray bottle
3 parts vodka
1 part water
20 drops tea tree oil
20 drops of another essential oil (I've been using clove oil exclusively--I don't know . . . I like it)
Put everything in a bottle and shake well before each use.

I use this in combination with Kimberlily's Recipe for Cream Deodorant and it works just as well as Secret used to. I use it everyday except on occasions when I really don't want to sweat like if I'm going on an interview and I'll be nervous. For those occasions, I suck it up and use Dove which is, to me, although not as strong as Secret, easy to wash off (unlike Secret).

Just a note: you don't need the greatest vodka in the world for an underarm spray. You might want to get a little better quality for your tinctures and extracts although some sources say there's absolutely no difference in quality. I find that hard to believe though.

Photo Credit: "Tall True Russian Vodka" by True Russian Vodka on Flickr.com

2 comments:

puregoldlady said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have all the ingredients.....I've got to try this.
wow...who knew? Vodka as deodorant. :-)

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Who'd have guessed? And used in those 'other' places, you can tell your husband/lover, "I'll be your cocktail, baby..." :)

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.