Saturday, November 7, 2009

When I was in high school . . .

He was just coming on the scene. And you knew then that he was the hotness. His longevity is stunning, at least to me. And when the boys go to sleep, I still enjoy his music. Had a boyfriend once who was an aspiring emcee . . . used to rail against him because he said he never, ever wrote down his rhymes. My boyfriend used to say he was a liar . . . nobody could do that. I don't know. It was hard to hide my admiration for him then and it's hard to hide it now. Oh yeah, I love my roots reggae. Love my classical music. But I also love my . . .


I think he's brilliant in so many ways.

I love this commercial and own almost every album of Jay-Z's. And Z1 absolutely loves this song so even though I can only somewhat tolerate Rhianna's singing, I play the clean (radio edit) version often.

4 comments:

navelgazingbajan said...

I love that song too, although I hate a few of Kanye's lyrics. It's one of the few new hip hop songs that I actually turn up on the radio as I drive to work.

Chi-Chi, The Original Wombman said...

LoL . . . Navelgazing . . . That Kanye is as big as he is completely boggles my mind.

Kit (Keep It Trill) said...

Yeah, he's cool. If you haven't seen Bill Maher's interview with him, check that out at YouTube.

puregoldlady said...

I'm not a huge Jay-Z fan because I don't really know much of his music. But when my bro sent me this video clip a couple of months ago I had one word to say: HOT!

I do like this song.

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
I hope you enjoy my musings that I share with you here on my blog. If you would like to use any written content on my blog, please ask and/or reference my blog correctly. Thank you.